Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Day 17: Lock me Up, I'm a Vitamin Murderer



Today in my never ending perusal of the interwebs, I stumbled across an interesting article talking about how reheating food particularly in the microwave vs. on the stove slightly affects vitamin content, especially vitamin C.  The article also spoke about how microwaving  may preserve nutrient content that would otherwise leach out into cooking water or break down when food is overcooked.  So, I'll leave that debate up to the food purists and continue to nuke my meals while sending one up for the fallen vitamins...may they rest in nutritional peace.  Lots of leftovers today:

Breakfast:  Shredded Mini Wheat with almond milk.

Mid Morning Snack:  Roasted pistachios

Lunch:  Leftover southern style kale and the okra, tomato quinoa dish from last night.

Afternoon Snack:  Green apple and almond butter.  Discovered today that I do not like these 2 together.  Yuck!

Dinner:  Pulled my mixed bean and sweet potato chili out of the freezer and enjoyed my sloppy,
"less nutritious the second time around" leftovers.  They were still good!

Whaddya know, I'm allowed to eat meat and I have a meatless day anyway.  Vegetarian in training!  See yall tomorrow!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig