Tuesday, June 25, 2019

I Tried Hair Color Wax on My Natural Hair




Seeing some of my goto hair gurus on YouTube flashing pops of color in their natural curls had me curl crushing and wanting to spruce my curls up, too.  After doing a little research, I decided to go with Mofajang.  I played it safe and went with red on my first try.  I loved it, although it looked a little pink on my hair, it was a fun change to my curls for a while.  



The wax acts as a styling agent, while adding color to your hair (think curly pudding, gels, etc).  I chose to do the "raking method" to  achieve this look.  I recommend applying the wax to damp hair -- if the hair is super saturated, the wax tends to not adhere/stick.  The more pigmented the color, the higher the chance of transference.  The red did transfer and temporarily color things like my car seat headrests, clothes and my hands when touching my hair throughout the day.  No worries, it easily washes away.


If you're looking for a quick and easy way to change up your hair, hair color wax is the way to go for coloring your hair without the damage.  The wax can be drying so be sure to moisturize your hair before applying, if you intend on keeping the color for more than a few days.  I wear mine for a week, then wash it out with little to no fuss at all.  Please feel free to comment with questions. I'd be happy to answer them.


...see ya next time!


**Disclaimer: I am An Amazon Affiliate, and will earn a small commission from sold products**

 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.Henna Hair Dye

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a blue green colored alga that is developed in the salty waters of island nations like Malaysia and Hawaii. Buy indigo powder online

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig