Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 6: Going With or Against the Grain

Not only am I getting a cleansing from this journey, I'm also getting an education.  Today I was allowed to introduce grains back into my diet and YES, I had to ask my good friend Google "is ______ a grain?"  My friend who is also doing the cleanse and I attended a jewelry party today and there weren't many appetizer options for us except tortilla chips, salsa and lettuce.  Well according to ChooseMyPlate.gov corn tortillas are a refined grain so we went for it!  We got disciple yes we do, we got disciple how 'bout you?!?!  LOL! Here's what I ate today:


Breakfast:  Smoothie with water, frozen banana, frozen strawberries and pineapple.

Lunch:  Soul veggie leftovers from last night.

Afternoon Snack:  Tortilla chips, salsa and lettuce.

Dinner:  Sautéed asparagus and red bell pepper with a fruit bowl from Chic-Fil-A (the fam bam ate from there).

Feels like its easier to stay on course during the week, the weekend is challenging and tempting but I'm determined to stick with it. See ya on Sunday!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig