Tuesday, March 13, 2018

318 Restaurant Week: Lunch with Southern Faire



I started my 318 Restaurant Week off at Southern Faire, a house in the historic Highland neighborhood repurposed into an eatery.  It is simply the cutest.  We dined in the quaint but beautiful, bright turquoise room with large windows letting natural light shine in.   Shame on me for not getting a picture; I was too busy taking it all in. The table set up was simple and nice, adorned with fresh tulips and printed menus.  So now that scenery is covered, let's talk presentation, taste and texture...


Presentation:  Lovely!  I chose option number 1: Three plump stuffed shrimp, cole slaw and sweet potato fries with dipping sauces on the side. Serving size will not be an issue while dining here this week.  You'll have plenty, so come hungry.




Taste & Testure:  Like a good shrimp hush puppy? You’ll love these! The “stuffing part” of the stuffed shrimp is very similar and reminded me of a good ole hush puppy with a shrimp hidden inside.  I’m a crust person and I found myself looking for all the crunchy pieces of batter and the crispy shrimp tails (yes I eat them). 



If you go, tell me what you think? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig