Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Session 2: Dinner 7 with Chef Gioacchino Brucia of Guiseppe's Pastacaffe

A true family affair!  We wined, we dined and felt like part of the famiglia last night at Giuseppes's Pastacaffe, while under the culinary care of Chef Gioacchino Brucia.  Dishes and ingredients were fresh and full of true authentic Italian flavors.  Come take a looksee at what we ate...

Polpo e Panzanella alla Siciliana
Chilled Octopus "Three Corks" Salad, Panzanella, Zucchini Spaghetti Sottaceto,
Lemon Confit and Tomato Vinaigrette

Beautifully plated and beautiful flavors.  This was only my 2nd time having octopus and honestly, I was still a tad bit apprehensive when I read that it was being served for the primo corso (said in my best Italian accent).   BUT, all apprehensions went out of the window once I dug into this!  The flavors (and textures) were perfect and before I knew it, my plate was clean!  This is now my favorite way to have polpo (again, said in by best Italian accent).  Delicious!


Raviolone di Funghi e Tartuffo
Cremini Mushroom and Black Truffle Raviolone, Speck, Black Truffle Pecorino Crema

Inside of this Rivolone, aka "big pasta" lay gourmet black truffle.  Although new to my ever expanding palate, I know that truffles are one of  Oprah's non-negotiable demands and I had to see what the fuss was about.  Honest moment here, although the taste and flavor were great, the texture did me in, #textureproblems.  I danced all around this lovely, gourmet delicacy and I felt bad about it.  On the flip side of this, I was in LOVE with the crema, cremini mushrooms and the speck (salted, smoked and cured prosciutto), Chef Gio's "favorite thing in the world." I see why Chef, it was great!

Stinco d'Agnello al Sangiovese
Slow Roasted & Smoked Lamb with Tuscan Spices and Sangiovese, Pancetta, Mirepoix Orecchiette

Fresh handmade pasta, smoked lamb and spices, oh my!  This has to be the Italian equivalent to a soul food meal.  So full of flavor and spices, I loved every bite.  Sitting in front of a nearly empty bowl, I was asked, "are you done ma'am?"  I quickly said no, "I'm still working" until all soppage and vittles were gone!



Semifreddo di Fichi
Fig Semifreddo, Fig Crispy, Aged Balsamico and White Chocolate Sauce

This dessert was so picturesque.  Everything about this was delicious, even down to the little "crispies". Yum!







Viva La Chef Gio and famiglia and see ya'll next time!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig