Saturday, May 27, 2017

Dinner 4:10 - Familiar Faces & Familiar Food

So as it turns out, tonight's chef, Melissa Stewart and I attended middle school together,  Go Stallions!  Faces tend to become a little familiar after dining with society members for four weeks in a row and to go along with those familiar faces, Chef Melissa prepared for us some familiar foods with elevated flavors and ingredients.

As each course was presented to us, sure we knew what it was, but we wanted to get to know more about those flavors.  So, let me introduce you...  [Keep Reading...]


Cheddar, Chive & Black Pepper Scone
hot honey butter
 
This was "scone" with the wind before I knew it.  This little savory bite was cute, but packed powerful punch of flavor.  The dollop of hot honey butter provided the perfect marriage of sweet and savory. Yum!
 
 
 
Summer Corn Chowder
potato, fennel, lump blue crab
 
I love summer, its my favorite season.  I love crab, I have it at least once a week.  I also love potatoes, late night French fry runs a very common at my household.  You see where this is going? I loved this dish.  I appreciated the sweet flavor notes that the corn and crab brought to the party and the sprig of fennel on top was not only pretty but added the faintest hint of flavor that made this just that more delicious.

 
 
 
 
Crunch Vegetable Salad
summer veggies, goat cheese, hazelnuts
 
Shaved veggies, meet hazelnuts.  Hazelnuts, meet shaved veggies.  For me, this experience has been both about meeting new people AND new flavors.  This was my first time having roasted hazelnuts on a salad, but it wont be my last.  I'm not sure if I captured them well but there are wax beans tossed in the salad and they were also a first for me.  Nice to meet you wax beans and we shall meet again!
 
 
 
 
 
Lamb Meatballs with Harrisa
yogurt, cucumber, herbage
 
Lamb, yogurt and harissa oh my!  I'll save you a Google search and tell you that harissa is a hot chili paste, you're welcome.  These meatballs were everything!  Drenched in harrisa which had a little kick, but no worries, Chef Melissa plated these babies on yogurt to cool it down.  They were so full of favor and paired with the crunchy freshness of the cucumber & herbage, just scrumptious!
 
 
 
 
Cornmeal Lemon Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
cream cheese ice cream, strawberry sorbet
 
Cookies and ice cream need no introduction, they are good friends and good to your tummy!
 


 
  Check out the LA Food Prize page tab up top.  All of the dinners are there in one place!
See yall next time! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig