Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 1

A friend texted me saying "lets do this".  I clicked the attached picture, read the first few lines and quickly closed the text saying to myself "nope, cant do it."  But I love a challenge and I also love documenting those challenges on social media.  So after a Girls Getaway weekend in New Orleans of much food, fun and indulgence I've decided to start my week off with a 21 day fast/cleanse. 

From what I read, cleanses reset your fat, sugar and salt receptors so they're no longer blocked by artificially enhanced foods.  This shifts the body into using an increased amount of stored fat as fuel. Cleanses also give your body time to detox while taking care of things that it couldn't do while it was so busy figuring out what to do with some of the harder to digest foods.

So here it is, Day 1 of fruits, veggies, nuts and water. Yes, that is all that I can consume for days 1 through 5!!!  Click here for a full rundown of the cleanse I'm following.

I'll continue to post about my cleanse with pictures of meals and juices.  It will be hard, but it will be fun.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  Here's what I had today.  Stay tuned for more!


DAY 1

Breakfast:  Skipped.  I was so tired from getting home late from my trip and just kind of rolled out of bed and headed to the gym. Bad I know, tomorrow will be better.

Lunch:  Juice with 5 carrots, 1 pacific rose apple, 1 green apple and 1 handful of romaine lettuce along with a spinach salad topped with red onion, bell pepper, avocado, grape tomatoes, carrots and lemon juice for dressing.



Afternoon snack: Banana and a handful of baby carrots (I was so hungry and irritable at this point that I really thought about chewing off my own arm.)

Dinner: Roasted Sweet Potato & Kale Salad (recipe here) with a side of sautéed asparagus and zucchini.  For dessert a strawberry and diced pineapple cube.


I've learned a valuable lesson on day 1...preparation is KEY!  I will definitely have to plan ahead to keep me from running to McDonald's for quick fix and eating every 3 hours will help curb my hunger pangs. See ya tomorrow!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Way to go!!! Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to drink plenty of water! Dehydration is sometimes masked as hunger pains! Fill up on those fruits and veggies!! Eat plenty!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig