Friday, September 01, 2017

Session 2, Dinner 8 with Chef Carolyn Manning at The Flying Pig

 
1.  Dinner 8 @ The Flying Pig
I sat out on the patio, the weather was so nice last night. Shout out to my dinner guest for letting me use her iPhone flashlight for extra lighting. 


2.  Special brew "Viva Beer" from Great Raft 
Specially brewed for the Food Prize. I'm not much of a beer drinker, so all I can offer you is a sour face on this one. 

3. Chef Carolyn Manning giving us a talk about the "Cajun Microwave" 
This was Chef's first time roasting a pig. She gave us a little education on the process and this handy box also known as a "Cajun Microwave" where the roasting magic happened. 

 
4.  The Pig
 

5.  Chef Carolyn carving #4

6.  Course one - Deviled eggs made with candied jalapenos and bacon topped with pickled mustard seeds.
Chef Carolyn says that everything at the Flying Pig is made from real food.  As an allergy sufferer herself, it was important to be able to name every ingredient in her food for her customers.

 
7.  Course two - Salmon smoked over Louisiana pecan wood with caper infused olive oil, savory horseradish whipped cream over arugula with deviled egg vinaigrette 
 I could quite possibly eat this everyday and I will most definitely be going back to have this and the Smoked Salmon BLT!

 
8.  Course three - Roasted whole pig injected with basil orange juice, sweet potatoes cooked in hot coals with honey creme fraiche and jalapeno cornbread
Sunday dinner on a Thursday night? I don't mind if I do.  This was so reminiscent of a home cooked meal at Grandma's house after church on any given Sunday.  Delicious!

9.  Dessert - Pumpkin cheesecake with pecan crust and whiskey caramel top, ginger creme anglasie and a pumpkin seed pecan tuile.
This isn't on the regular menu, but I'm thinking I KNOW that it should be.  I'm not even all that big on cheesecake and I literally walked out chewing the last bite of this! 

...see yall next time.  Vote for me next week to attend the next 2 dinners, stay on the look out for the link. Viva La Food Prize!
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig